This scholarship program was created in memory of Gentex employee Amanda Clark. Amanda worked at Gentex for 8 years and used her technical skills in a variety of roles with increasing responsibility. She earned a manufacturing engineering and management degree from Kettering University. Amanda was also a mother who raised four daughters with her husband Mike.
The scholarship will be awarded to one female high school senior in West Michigan each year. Recipients are eligible for a $5,000 scholarship that can be renewed for up to three years. The scholarship will be paid to the recipient’s college each calendar year if eligibility requirements are met.
1. Applicant must be a female high school senior located in West Michigan.
2. Applicant must be pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering and math at a four-year college or university.
3. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.6 or greater.
Applicants must submit the following items via our online application:
- Short personal essay (500 words or less) about why they are interested in a career in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics and a description of future goals after college graduation.
- High school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation